34-18-22.2. Fire safety standards for specialty resort with ten or more occupants. Any specialty resort establishment with ten or more occupants shall meet the following minimum fire safety standards:
(1) Each floor where occupants are sleeping shall have access to at least two remote exits;
(2) Any primary exit that leads to the exterior of the structure shall be capable of unlocking from the interior without the use of a key or special knowledge or effort, free from obstruction, and clearly marked with illuminated exit signs. Any sleeping room with a direct exit to the exterior of the building is exempt from this requirement;
(3) There shall be a smoke detector in each sleeping room. The owner or manager shall test any battery operated smoke detector at least twice a year;
(4) Any sleeping room shall be equipped with an operable egress window. Any sleeping room with a direct exit to the exterior of the building is exempt from this requirement; and
(5) Portable fire extinguishers with a minimum 2-A rating shall be made available on each floor and shall be inspected and tagged annually.Source:
SL 2005, ch 184, § 2; SL 2008, ch 171, § 2; SL 2011, ch 157, § 2.
Get Chapter 34-18