34-45-29. Promulgation of rules regarding training and certification--Establishment of criteria for revocation or suspension of certification. The commission may promulgate rules pursuant to chapter 1-26:
(1) To require the submission of reports and information by a public safety answering point, as defined by subdivision 34-45-1(10), within this state;
(2) To establish minimum educational and training standards for admission to temporary or probationary employment as a 911 telecommunicator;
(3) To certify persons as being qualified as 911 telecommunicators under the provisions of §§ 34-45-22 to 34-45-30, inclusive;
(4) To establish criteria and procedure for the revocation or suspension of the certification of 911 telecommunicators who are convicted of a felony or misdemeanor involving moral turpitude, have intentionally falsified any application or document to achieve certification, or have been discharged from employment for cause or engaged in conduct unbecoming a 911 telecommunicator;
(5) Establish minimum curriculum requirements for preparatory, in-service and advanced courses and programs.Source:
SL 1998, ch 142, § 8.
Get Chapter 34-45