36-5-15.2. Regulation and licensing of practice of chiropractic and chiropractic radiography--Enforcement--Hearing officers. The Board of Chiropractic Examiners shall:
(1) Establish, by rule, standards for, and to promote, the safe and qualified practice of chiropractic;
(2) Be responsible for all disciplinary proceedings under this chapter;
(3) Establish, by rule, educational, training, and competency standards governing the examination and practice of practitioners under this chapter. The board may, by rule, specify the minimum educational qualifications general practitioners shall have to present themselves as chiropractic specialists to the public;
(4) Examine, or cause to be examined, for competency, eligible applicants for licenses to practice chiropractic and chiropractic radiography;
(5) Issue licenses to those applicants who successfully complete the licensure examination and renew the licenses of those who continue to meet the licensure standards of this chapter and the board's rules;
(6) Establish, by rule, and collect an annual registration fee, not to exceed fifty dollars from those persons practicing chiropractic radiography.
The board may authorize a hearing examiner to conduct any hearing required to determine violations of this chapter and the rules of the board.
Source: SL 1985, ch 298, § 2.
Get Chapter 36-5