37-21-18. Prohibited acts--Misdemeanor. Any person who:
(1) Offers or exposes for sale, sells, uses in buying or selling of any commodity or thing, or for hire or award, or retains in possession a false weight or measure or measuring or weighing device, or any weight or measure or weighing or measuring device that has not been sealed by the department within two years;
(2) Disposes of any condemned weight, measure, or weighing or measuring device contrary to law;
(3) Removes any tag placed by the department;
(4) Sells, offers, or exposes for sale less than the quantity the person represents;
(5) Takes or attempts to take more than the quantity the person represents, when as the buyer, the person furnished the weight, measure, or weighing or measuring device by means of which the amount of the commodity is determined;
(6) Keeps for the purpose of sale, offers or exposes for sale, or sells any commodity in a manner contrary to law;
(7) Violates any provision of chapters 37-20 to 37-22, inclusive, for which a specific penalty has not been provided; or
(8) Sells, offers to sell, uses, or has in possession for the purpose of selling or using any device or instrument to be used, or calculated to falsify any weight or measure;
is guilty of a Class 2 misdemeanor.
Source: SDC 1939, §§ 63.9905, 63.9909; SDCL § 37-21-19; SL 1977, ch 190, § 289; SL 2001, ch 213, § 1; SL 2004, ch 17, § 256; SL 2016, ch 183, § 31.
Get Chapter 37-21