37-5B-12. Exemptions from chapter. The following are exempt from this chapter:
(1) Any franchise relationship covered by the Petroleum Marketing Practices Act, 15 U.S.C. 2801, as of January 1, 2008;
(2) Any franchise relationship where there is no written document that describes any material term or aspect of the relationship or arrangement;
(3) Any fractional franchise;
(4) Any leased department;
(5) The total of the required payments, or commitments to make a required payment, to the franchisor or an affiliate that are made any time from before to within six months after commencing operation of the franchisee's business is less than five hundred dollars;
(6) Any franchise relationship covering farm machinery, motor vehicles, or recreational vehicles, including snowmobiles, motorcycles, motor homes, mobile homes, and manufactured homes.Source:
SL 2008, ch 203, § 12.