38-20A-54. Promulgation of rules to develop a waste pesticide collection, disposal, and container recycling program. For the purposes of developing a waste pesticide collection and disposal program and a pesticide container recycling program, the secretary of agriculture may promulgate rules pursuant to chapter 1-26 to:
(1) Assess an additional annual fee, until June 30, 1997, on pesticides registered pursuant to § 38-20A-9, not to exceed twenty-five dollars per product;
(2) Enter into agreements with private entities and cooperate with other local, state, or federal agencies to fulfill the goals of the program;
(3) Define the types and condition of pesticide containers to be accepted through the recycling program;
(4) Define the kind and condition of pesticides to be accepted through the waste pesticide collection and disposal program;
(5) Establish procedures for collecting waste pesticides for disposal and pesticide containers for recycling; and
(6) Develop criteria for establishing pesticide and pesticide container collection sites.Source:
SL 1992, ch 282, § 1; SL 1995, ch 232.