40-15-36. Enforcement of chapter--Orders, rules, and regulations--Publication and posting. The Animal Industry Board shall enforce the provisions of this chapter and may promulgate rules pursuant to chapter 1-26 concerning:
(1) The licensure of livestock auction agencies;
(2) The requirements for facilities;
(3) The handling of any animal found to be affected with any infectious, contagious, or transmissible disease;
(4) The requirements for inspecting, examining, and testing of livestock passing through a livestock auction agency;
(5) The reporting and record keeping requirements for livestock auction agencies; and
(6) Procedures for the consideration, processing, and payment of claims from bond proceeds and, if a livestock auction agency's license is relinquished, revoked or suspended, procedures for the collection of deposit items, processing of claims to the funds, and payment of valid claims in accordance with §§ 40-15-10 and 40-15-32.2.
Such rules shall be sent to each licensed auction agency, there to be posted by such agency plainly, visibly, and conspicuously, and with the license on the premises so as to be available to any person using the service of such agency.
Source: SDC 1939, § 40.2010; SL 1986, ch 326, § 88; SL 1990, ch 325, § 272; SL 2002, ch 191, § 4.
Get Chapter 40-15