40-3-23. Definitions. Terms used in this section and in §§ 40-3-24 to 40-3-26, inclusive, mean:
(1) "Animal," any mammal, bird, reptile, amphibian, or fish, except humans;
(2) "Captive nondomestic animal," any nondomestic animal or hybrid thereof held in man-made confinement or physically altered to limit movement and facilitate capture;
(3) "Domestic animal," any animal that through long association with man, has been bred to a degree which has resulted in genetic changes affecting the temperament, color, conformation, or other attributes of the species to an extent that makes it unique and different from wild individuals of its kind;
(4) "Free-roaming animal," any animal not in captivity, other than a domestic animal; and
(5) "Nondomestic animal," any animal that is not domestic.Source:
SL 1993, ch 311, § 1.
Get Chapter 40-3