41-17-1.1. Rules for administration, management, and development of state park system--Violation as misdemeanor. The Game, Fish and Parks Commission may adopt such rules as may be necessary to establish uniform procedures for the administration, management, and development of the state park system. The state park system includes all lands and waters owned, leased, or controlled by the Department of Game, Fish and Parks and designated as a state park, a state recreation area, a state nature area, a state lakeside use area, or a state recreational trail. Such rules may be adopted in the following areas:
(1) Management and control of public use of all lands, structures, and waters in the state park system;
(2) Issuance, display, inspection, and expiration of park entrance licenses;
(3) Management, control, and protection of the natural, historical, archaeological, and geological resources in the state park system, if the rules do not conflict with chapters 1-19A and 1-20;
(4) Management, control, and protection of wild and domestic animals in the state park system;
(5) Regulate the operation of all vehicles, on and off roads, in the state park system;
(6) Granting, termination, management, and development of easements, leases, or permits authorizing the commercial or noncommercial use of land, buildings, cabins, mobile homes, and docks or dock systems in the state park system;
(7) Issuance and administration of camping permits and the establishment and collection of fees for camping permits and for other park services in the state park system, if the fees and procedures are not set by statute;
(8) Control and prohibit the type, location and use of uncased firearms and bows in the state park system;
(9) Fees for licenses to permit the harvest within Custer State Park of surplus animals including but not limited to mountain goat, bighorn sheep, elk, bison, and coyote;
(10) Fees for special events held within a unit of the state park system.
The rules shall be adopted pursuant to chapter 1-26 and shall be in accordance with the provisions of this chapter. A violation of the substantive provision of any rule authorized by this chapter relating to prohibited use of lands, structures, buildings, cabins, mobile homes, docks, waters, and resources in the state park system, park entrance license and camping permit requirements, regulation of wild and domestic animals in the state park system, prohibited operation of vehicles within the state park system, and prohibitions of the use of firearms and bows in the state park system is a Class 2 misdemeanor. If the same incident is a violation of statute and of the rules authorized by this chapter, only the penalty authorized for the violation of the statute may be imposed.
Source: SL 1984, ch 273, § 1; SL 1988, ch 340, § 1; SL 1993, ch 316, § 1; SL 1994, ch 324, § 1, 2.
Get Chapter 41-17