45-9-11. Operations for production of oil or gas, regulation by board. The Board of Minerals and Environment shall promulgate rules pursuant to chapter 1-26 to regulate or to provide for:
(1) The drilling, producing, and plugging of wells, and all other operations for the production of oil or gas;
(2) The shooting and chemical or physical treatment of wells;
(3) The spacing or locating of wells;
(4) Operations to increase ultimate recovery such as cycling of gas, the maintenance of pressure, and the introduction of gas, water, or other substances into producing formations; and
(5) Disposal of salt water and oil field wastes.
The board may delegate to the secretary of environment and natural resources the authority to monitor and enforce compliance with rules promulgated pursuant to this section.
Source: SL 1925, ch 250, § 2; SDC 1939, § 42.0603; SL 1943, ch 153, § 6; SDC Supp 1960, § 42.0706 (3); SDC Supp 1960, § 42.0706 (4) (b) as enacted by SL 1961, ch 211, § 1; SL 1993, ch 256, § 46.