49-45-1.1. Definitions. Terms used in this chapter mean:
(1) "Commission," the Public Utilities Commission;
(2) "Grain," grain, grain sorghums, beans, pulse crops, and oil seeds. The term does not include grain that has been cleaned, processed, and specifically identified for an intended use of planting for reproduction, grain received for consignment that will be processed by the consignee for an intended use of planting for reproduction, or grain purchased to feed livestock;
(3) "Grain buyer," any person who purchases grain for the purpose of reselling the unprocessed grain or who purchases three hundred thousand dollars worth or more of grain directly from producers in a calendar year. Nothing in this chapter applies to the isolated resale of grain by a producer who does not hold himself or herself out as engaging in the business of reselling grain;
(4) "Person," any natural person, firm, corporation, company, limited liability company, partnership, association, joint stock company or the lessee, trustee, or receiver appointed by any court for any one of the foregoing;
(5) "Voluntary credit sale," a sale of grain or seeds pursuant to which the sale price is to be paid more than thirty days after the delivery or release of the grain for sale, including those contracts commonly referred to as deferred-payment contracts, deferred-pricing contracts and price-later contracts; and
(6) "Producer," a person engaged in the business of grain production.Source:
SL 1985, ch 376, § 69; SL 1986, ch 397, § 9; SL 1994, ch 351, § 141; SL 2002, ch 216, § 1; SL 2008, ch 251, § 2; SL 2009, ch 248, § 1; SL 2013, ch 238, § 9, eff. Apr. 1, 2013; SL 2017, ch 200, § 4.