5-14-34. Waiver of requirements. A waiver of the requirements of § 5-14-33 may be granted by the Office of the State Engineer if:
(1) The building will have minimal human occupancy;
(2) The increased costs of achieving a high-performance green building standard cannot be recouped from decreased operational costs within fifteen years;
(3) A building is on the national register of historic places and achieving a high-performance green building standard would result in noncompliance with standards for historic preservation as set forth in the secretary of the interior's Standards for the Treatment of Historic Properties in effect as of January 1, 2008;
(4) The square footage of the renovation project is less then fifty percent of the total square footage of the building being renovated. If the renovation project is being done in phases, the total square footage of all intended phases combined shall be used in making this calculation; or
(5) The Bureau of Administration determines that extenuating circumstances exist to make impractical high-performance green building standard certification.Source:
SL 2008, ch 30, § 3.
Get Chapter 5-14