58-18-7.12. Conditions for continuation. Subject to the conditions set forth for continuation in §§ 58-18-7 to 58-18-7.11, inclusive, a qualified beneficiary may continue coverage for a total of thirty-six months under the following conditions:
(1) If at the death of the employee or member, the qualified beneficiary's coverage under the group policy terminates by reason of such death;
(2) If a qualified beneficiary ceases to be a qualified family member under the group policy, while the employee or member remains insured under the policy;
(3) Any medicare ineligible qualified beneficiary of a current employee;
(4) The qualified beneficiary of an employee who is eligible for medicare; or
(5) Divorce or legal separation of employee.Source:
SL 1984, ch 326, § 8; SL 1988, ch 400, § 2; SL 1989, ch 433, § 10; SL 2001, ch 280, § 13.