58-33A-6. Format and content of outline of coverage--"Format" defined--Outline of coverage requirements. The director shall prescribe the general format and content of the outline of coverage required by § 58-33A-5. The term, format, means style, arrangement, and overall appearance, including such items as the size, color, prominence of type, and the arrangement of text and captions. The term, outline of coverage, includes:
(1) A statement identifying the applicable category or categories of coverage provided by the policy or contract as prescribed by the director;
(2) A description of the principal benefits and coverage provided in the policy or contract;
(3) A statement of the exceptions, reductions, and limitations contained in the policy or contract;
(4) A statement of the renewal provisions including any reservation by the insurer of nonprofit hospital, medical, or dental service association of a right to change premiums; and
(5) A statement that the outline is a summary of the policy or contract issued or applied for and that the policy or contract should be consulted to determine governing contractual provisions.
Nothing in this section prohibits an insurer from incorporating an outline of coverage into other solicitation and policy information documents if the required information is contained in the documents.
Source: SL 1999, ch 240, § 6.