12:56:18:02. Containers acceptable for recycling. Pesticide containers acceptable for recycling must meet the following minimum requirements:
(1) Be triple-rinsed or equivalent;
(2) Consist of high density polyethylene (HDPE) plastic of 2 1/2 gallons capacity or less;
(3) Contain no visible pesticide residue inside or outside of the container; however, if the container held crop oil, a nutritional spray, an adjuvant or surfactant, or a Bacillus thuringensis product as the sole active ingredient, the presence of residue will not disqualify it for acceptance;
(4) Contain no more than 0.5 fluid ounces of clear water; and
(5) When possible, be delivered with labels on the container.
Source: 19 SDR 114, effective February 11, 1993; 19 SDR 198, effective July 1, 1993.
General Authority: SDCL 38-20A-36, 38-20A-54.
Law Implemented: SDCL 38-20A-54, 38-20A-55.
Back to 12:56:18