12:68:18:03.03. Types of permits -- Fees. The board shall issue the following permits to persons who meet the requirements of this chapter and pay the required fee:
(1) Entry permit (no fee) - a permit allowing importation of captive nondomestic animals into South Dakota which may be granted by telephone;
(2) Temporary permit ($10) - a permit issued to an individual to possess for not more than 14 days a captive nondomestic mammal specifically prohibited in § 12:68:18:03.01 or restricted in § 12:68:18:03.02;
(3) Dealer auction permit ($100) - an annual permit issued to an individual or a group solely for the purpose of brokering, leasing, purchasing, or selling mammals listed in this chapter whether or not a fee or other compensation is charged for such services;
(4) Possession permit ($10 an animal to a maximum of $100) - a permit issued for the possession of mammals listed in this chapter for any reason other than the conditions described in subdivisions (2), (3), and (4) of this section;
(5) Zoo permit ($10 an animal to a maximum of $100) - a permit issued to nonprofit exhibitors of nondomestic mammals. A zoo permit allows the possession of any class of nondomestic mammals. The board may approve the permit if it determines that facilities are adequate for confinement.
Source: 20 SDR 96, effective December 31, 1993; 44 SDR 47, effective September 18, 2017.
General Authority: SDCL 40-3-14, 40-3-25, 40-3-26, 40-5-8.6.
Law Implemented: SDCL 40-3-24 to 40-3-26.
Back to 12:68:18