20:06:13:17.13. Standards for additional benefits. The following additional benefits shall be included in Medicare supplement benefit Plans B, C, D, F, F with High Deductible, G, M, and N as described in § 20:06:13:17.11:
(1) Medicare Part A Deductible: Coverage for 100 percent of the Medicare Part A inpatient hospital deductible amount per benefit period;
(2) Medicare Part A Deductible: Coverage for 50 percent of the Medicare Part A inpatient hospital deductible amount per benefit period;
(3) Skilled Nursing Facility Care: Coverage for the actual billed charges up to the coinsurance amount from the 21st day through the 100th day in a Medicare benefit period for post-hospital skilled nursing facility care eligible under Medicare Part A;
(4) Medicare Part B Deductible: Coverage for 100 percent of the Medicare Part B deductible amount per calendar year regardless of hospital confinement;
(5) One Hundred Percent of the Medicare Part B excess charges: Coverage for all of the difference between the actual Medicare Part B charges as billed, not to exceed any charge limitation established by the Medicare program or state law, and the Medicare-approved Part B charge;
(6) Medically Necessary Emergency Care in a Foreign Country: Coverage to the extent not covered by Medicare for 80 percent of the billed charges for Medicare-eligible expenses for medically necessary emergency hospital, physician, and medical care received in a foreign country, which care would have been covered by Medicare if provided in the United States and which care began during the first 60 consecutive days of each trip outside the United States, subject to a calendar year deductible of $250, and a lifetime maximum benefit of $50,000. For purposes of this benefit, the term, emergency care, means care needed immediately because of an injury or an illness of sudden and unexpected onset.
Source: 35 SDR 183, effective February 2, 2009.
General Authority: SDCL 58-17A-2.
Law Implemented: SDCL 58-17A-2.
Back to 20:06:13