20:48:07:26.01. Qualifications of faculty in advanced practice registered nurse programs. Nursing faculty members who teach in a program leading to advanced practice nurse licensure shall have the following qualifications:
(1) An active, unencumbered license or a privilege to practice as a registered nurse in South Dakota;
(2) An active, unencumbered license to practice as an advanced practice nurse in South Dakota;
(3) A minimum of a graduate degree in nursing or other health related field in the clinical specialty of the advanced practice nursing education program;
(4) Two years of clinical experience in the advanced practice nursing role and population focus consistent with teaching responsibilities; and
(5) Interdisciplinary faculty who teach non-clinical nursing courses shall have advanced preparation appropriate to the area of content.
Source: 45 SDR 9, effective July 30, 2018.
General Authority: SDCL 36-9A-41.
Law Implemented: SDCL 36-9A-5, 36-9A-21.1.
Back to 20:48:07