20:78:06:01. Definitions. Terms used in this chapter mean:
(1) "Board," the South Dakota Board of Medical and Osteopathic Examiners;
(2) "First responder training," a training program that meets the criteria established by the board in § 20:78:06:02;
(3) "Protocols," a standardized plan for medical procedures or administration of nasal or auto-injector medications;
(4) "Opioid overdose," a medical condition that causes depressed consciousness and mental functioning, decreased movement, depressed respiratory function, and the impairment of vital functions as a result of ingesting opioids in any amount larger than can be physically tolerated;
(5) "Standing order," an ongoing authorization for a first responder to obtain, possess, and administer opioid antagonists.
Source: 42 SDR 98, effective January 7, 2016.
General Authority: SDCL 34-20A-102
Law Implemented: SDCL 34-20A-100
Back to 20:78:06