41:10:04:06. Containment waters. (Emergency Rule effective 7/30/2019) Waters designated as containment waters for purposes of controlling the spread of aquatic invasive species include:
(1) Lewis and Clark Lake and the Missouri River upstream of the lake to Fort Randall Dam;
(2) The Missouri River from Gavins Point Dam downstream to the confluence with the Big Sioux River;
(3) McCook Lake in Union County;
(4) Lake Yankton in Yankton County;
(5) Lake Francis Case from Fort Randall Dam upstream to Big Bend Dam;
(6) Lake Sharpe from Big Bend Dam upstream to Oahe Dam; and
(7) Waters located outside this state that are designated by a legal jurisdiction as infested by zebra or quagga mussels.
Source: 43 SDR 146, effective May 22, 2017; 45 SDR 89, effective December 31, 2018; 46 SDR 20, (emergency rule) effective July 30, 2019.
General Authority: SDCL 41-2-18(1)(2).
Law Implemented: SDCL 41-2-18(1)(2).
Cross-Reference: Definition, waters of the state, SDCL 34A-2-2(12).
Back to 41:10:04