44:67:01:02. Application for license. Any applicant desiring a license or a license renewal shall file with the department an application verified under oath and in a form prescribed by the department. The application shall contain the following:
(1) The name and address of the applicant and operator;
(2) If a firm or corporation, the names and addresses of the principal officers; or if a corporate body, the name of the state under whose laws the corporation is organized;
(3) A description of the abortion facility to include the address and whether the facility is owned, leased, or subleased. A true copy of the lease or sublease shall be attached to the application;
(4) A certification of consent to allow inspections of the abortion facility by authorized department inspectors upon presentation of identification during the hours of operation;
(5) Satisfactory evidence of the applicant's ability to comply with the minimum standards of this chapter; and
(6) Any other information which the secretary of the department considers necessary.
The department shall issue a license to the applicant if it is satisfied that the facts set forth in the application are true and complete and in accordance with the provisions in SDCL chapter 34-23A and this chapter. The department may refuse to issue a license upon any of the grounds stated in this chapter. Upon denial, the department shall advise the applicant of the reasons for denial. The applicant may contest the denial pursuant to SDCL chapter 1-26.
Source: 33 SDR 107, effective December 26, 2006.
General Authority: SDCL 34-23A-51.
Law Implemented: SDCL 34-23A-46, 34-23A-48, 34-23A-51.
Back to 44:67:01