44:67:04:04. Personnel training. The abortion facility shall have a formal orientation program and an ongoing education program for all personnel. Ongoing education programs shall cover the required subjects annually. These programs shall include the following subjects:
(1) Fire prevention and response;
(2) Emergency procedures and preparedness;
(3) Infection control and prevention;
(4) Accident prevention and safety procedures;
(5) Patient rights;
(6) Confidentiality of patient information;
(7) Incidents and diseases subject to mandatory reporting and the facility's reporting mechanisms;
(8) Care of patients with unique needs; and
(9) Clinic policies and procedures.
Personnel whom the abortion facility determines will have no contact with patients are exempt from training required by subdivisions (5) and (8) of this section.
Source: 33 SDR 107, effective December 26, 2006.
General Authority: SDCL 34-23A-51.
Law Implemented: SDCL 34-23A-51(1),(2),(6),(8),(9),(11).
Back to 44:67:04