61:25:05:02. Requirements for restricted commercial driver license. An applicant for a restricted commercial driver license shall meet all of the requirements of SDCL 32-12A-7, except for the knowledge and skills tests. Before the Department of Public Safety issues a restricted commercial driver license, the applicant shall have held a valid operator's license under SDCL chapter 32-12 for at least one full year and shall have met the following good driving record requirements for the two most recent years:
(1) No multiple licenses;
(2) No driver's license suspensions, revocations, or cancellations of any kind;
(3) No convictions in any type of motor vehicle for driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs, leaving the scene of an accident, or committing a felony involving a motor vehicle;
(4) No convictions in any type of motor vehicle for serious traffic violations as defined in SDCL 32-12A-1;
(5) No convictions for accident-connected traffic law violations; and
(6) No record of at-fault accidents.
A restricted commercial driver license is valid for commercial use, as defined in § 61:25:05:01. The restricted commercial driver license must be renewed annually.
Source: 19 SDR 114, effective February 11, 1993; 33 SDR 108, effective December 27, 2006.
General Authority: SDCL 32-12A-48(12).
Law Implemented: SDCL 32-12A-7.
Back to 61:25:05