70:07:02:08. Work classifications. Types of work are classified as follows:
(1) Major grading;
(2) Minor grading;
(3) Portland cement concrete paving;
(4) Portland cement concrete repair (spall repair, joint repair, or pavement grinding);
(5) Asphalt concrete paving and microsurfacing;
(6) Asphalt surface treatment and asphalt crack sealing;
(7) New bridge construction;
(8) Bridge rehabilitation (deck overlays, fatigue retrofit, steel and concrete repair, epoxy chip seal, or rail retrofit);
(9) Minor structure construction (cast in place box culverts, pre-cast multi-beam deck bridges, or mechanically stabilized earth (MSE) large panel retaining walls);
(10) Lighting and signals;
(11) Signing, delineation, and pavement marking;
(12) Underground and utilities (storm sewer, sanitary sewer, waterline, drainage pipe, or precast box culvert);
(13) Incidental construction (fencing, guardrail, railroad crossings, MSE modular block retaining walls, gravel surfacing, base course, landscaping, or erosion control);
(14) Miscellaneous concrete construction (sidewalk, bike path, multi-use path, or curb and gutter);
(15) Bridge painting.
The committee may approve a prospective bidder in one or more types of work.
The committee may prequalify a prospective bidder on a project by project basis for specialty work not specifically covered by the foregoing classifications.
Source: SL 1975, ch 16, § 1; 8 SDR 45, effective October 28, 1981; 13 SDR 129, 13 SDR 134, effective July 1, 1987; transferred from § 70:01:05:06, 19 SDR 154, effective April 11, 1993; 25 SDR 145, effective May 30, 1999; 40 SDR 121, effective January 6, 2014.
General Authority: SDCL 31-5-10.
Law Implemented: SDCL 31-5-10.
Back to 70:07:02