2:05:03:02. Moral turpitude. For the purpose of this chapter, the term moral turpitude in the phrase, misdemeanor involving moral turpitude, has the same meaning as in SDCL 22-1-2(25) and includes a conviction or suspended imposition of sentence for any of the following:
(1) Driving under the influence of alcoholic beverages or drugs or with more than the legally permissible amount of blood alcohol;
(2) Interference with another's civil rights;
(3) Practicing a profession without a required license;
(4) Malfeasance, misfeasance, or nonfeasance in public office; or
(5) An offense involving marijuana or a controlled substance.
Source: 25 SDR 124, effective April 8, 1999.
General Authority:SDCL 34-45-26, 34-45-29.
Law Implemented:SDCL 34-45-24, 34-45-29.