24:43:02:06. Accreditation review. At the conclusion of the five-year cycle, at a time mutually agreed upon, any public school district or nonpublic school that is eligible for continued state accreditation shall undergo a comprehensive review by the Department of Education to:
(1) Assess progress with the comprehensive improvement plan;
(2) Review the public school district or nonpublic school's performance during the preceding five years, including the documented academic performance of its students;
(3) Provide a general assessment of educational practices;
(4) Make recommendations regarding the review findings for the purpose of improving educational practices beyond the level of minimum compliance to foster practices of continuous improvement; and
(5) Determine that the public school district or nonpublic school, including all related schools and programs, is in compliance with state laws and administrative rules.
Source: 31 SDR 178, adopted May 4, 2005, effective July 1, 2005; 33 SDR 55, effective October 2, 2006; 40 SDR 40, effective September 11, 2013.
General Authority: SDCL 13-1-12.1, 13-3-1.4, 13-3-47, 13-13-18.
Law Implemented: SDCL 13-1-12.1.