review. At the conclusion of the five-year cycle, at a time mutually
agreed upon, any public school district or nonpublic school that is eligible
for continued state accreditation shall undergo a comprehensive review by the
Department of Education to:
(1) Assess progress with the comprehensive
(2) Review the public school district or nonpublic
school's performance during the preceding five years, including the documented
academic performance of its students;
(3) Provide a general assessment of educational
(4) Make recommendations regarding the review
findings for the purpose of improving educational practices beyond the level of
minimum compliance to foster practices of continuous improvement; and
(5) Determine that the public school district or
nonpublic school, including all related schools and programs, is in compliance
with state laws and administrative rules.
Source: 31 SDR
178, adopted May 4, 2005, effective July 1, 2005; 33 SDR 55, effective October
2, 2006; 40 SDR 40, effective September 11, 2013.
SDCL 13-1-12.1, 13-3-1.4, 13-3-47, 13-13-18.