SOUTH DAKOTA CONSTITUTION
1. HJR 1003 Merit selection of circuit court judges.
STATE AFFAIRS AND GOVERNMENT
2. HB 1283 General Appropriations Act for the support of state government.
3. HB 1069 Petroleum release compensation fund, appropriation revised.
4. HB 1094 Elderly and disabled person tax refund appropriation.
5. SB 181 Certain time references in statute repealed.
6. HB 1075 Rodeo established as the official sport of South Dakota.
7. HB 1234 Commission on Health Care created.
8. SB 129 Secretary of State, fees charged by the office for various services increased.
9. SB 8 Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Act Advisory Group revised.
10. SB 87 Contracts to manage payments or interest rate risk authorized.
11. SB 185 Health and Education Facilities Authority permissible investments revised.
12. SB 137 Tuition reimbursement program for physicians revised and created for dentists.
13. HB 1016 Physician tuition reimbursement, appropriation for the program.
14. SB 138 Tuition reimbursement program expanded to include other health care professionals.
15. SB 58 Value added tourism subfund established.
16. SB 199 State Fair made part of Department of Agriculture.
17. SB 144 Administrative rules promulgation process revised.
18. SB 177 Contested case hearing procedure revised.
19. HB 1196 Executive branch agencies to be reviewed annually.
20. SB 18 Public Utilities Commission included in definition of state agency.
21. HB 1076 Certain energy savings contract provisions revised.
22. SB 70 Codify Legislation enacted in 2002.
PUBLIC OFFICERS AND EMPLOYEES
23. SB 57 Elected officials, temporary replacement if official called to active duty.
24. SB 14 Law enforcement officers, credited service allowed for certain service.
25. HB 1098 State employees, accrual of annual and sick leave on semimonthly basis.
26. SB 216 Senior citizen prescription drug benefit program created.
27. SB 86 State employees, eligibility for reduced tuition.
PUBLIC FISCAL ADMINISTRATION
28. SB 30 State Investment Council members may not benefit from certain transactions.
29. HB 1099 Investment income transferred to the general fund, time and process revised.
30. SB 2 Audit requirements for state agencies revised.
31. SB 1 Audit requirements for certain nonprofit corporations revised.
PUBLIC PROPERTY, PURCHASES AND CONTRACTS
32. SB 213 Hunting prohibited on certain public lands with unharvested crops.
33. SB 159 Contractor must have contractor's excise tax license before bid may be awarded.
34. HB 1261 Public corporations may not do business with any retailer who fails to collect sales and use taxes.
35. HB 1080 Advertisement for bids to appear in legal notices section of newspaper.
36. SB 68 Certain utility trunkline contracts exempt from competitive bid requirements.
37. HB 1118 Design-build contractors bidding requirements revised.
38. HB 1111 Construction management services may be used on public improvement projects.
LOCAL GOVERNMENT GENERALLY
39. SB 67 Revise certain provisions related to contracts with local officers.
40. HB 1082 Procedures for changing the number of county commissioners revised.
41. HB 1007 Municipal initiative and referendum, provisions revised.
48. HB 1035 Tax agreements, accessibility revised.
49. HB 1235 Wind energy property tax.
50. HB 1192 Agricultural property assessed based on its agricultural income value.
51. HB 1221 Revise the tax valuation of certain structures.
52. HB 1064 Tax levy for a school district general fund, revised.
53. HB 1237 Political subdivision taxation errors, correction provided.
54. SB 226 Tax collection agreements with Indian tribes, provisions revised.
55. SB 150 Counties may increase property tax levy.
56. HB 1242 Property tax levies may be revised.
57. SB 188 Railroads credit against tax for replacement and repair of rail lines.
58. HB 1104 Gross receipts tax imposed on cellular communications.
59. SB 140 Limited liability company included in definitions for bank franchise tax.
60. HB 1036 Internal Revenue Code references updated.
61. SB 76 Streamline Sales Tax Agreement, sales taxes modified to comply with agreement.
62. SB 35 Certain gross receipts exempt from sales and use taxes.
63. SB 63 Interstate telecommunication services sales tax exemption repealed.
64. SB 116 Telecommunication services tax imposed.
65. SB 83 Bad debts definition revised.
66. SB 34 Temporary vendors required to maintain records for certain time period.
67. SB 217 Contractors use of certain material exempt from tax.
68. HB 1279 Biodiesel fuels defined.
77. SB 125 County and municipal planning and zoning, joint action revised.
78. HB 1281 County zoning laws revised.
79. SB 79 Housing Development Authority, time frame to submit report changed.
80. SB 123 The definition of residency for election purposes, revised.
81. SB 73 Constitutional amendments, initiated measures, and referred laws to be designated in a certain manner.
82. HB 1176 Voter identification required.
83. SB 13 Elections, implementation of "Help America Vote Act."
84. SB 11 Return and canvass of votes, methods revised.
85. SB 12 Recounts, more than one recount board may be appointed.
86. HB 1008 Campaign contributions and reports, limits and requirements revised.
87. HB 1191 State aid to education, special appropriation.
88. SB 5 Office of Medical Education, special appropriation.
89. SB 38 National Assessment of Educational Progress, schools to meet certain federal requirements.
90. SB 40 Public schools, statewide accountability system established.
91. SB 39 Public school districts must administer the same test to measure academic progress.
92. HB 1040 School district consolidation defined.
114. SB 98 Consumer power district organizational and administrative provisions revised.
115. HB 1052 Juror selection by electronic or manual process.
116. SB 74 Transcript fees revised.
COURTS AND JUDICIARY
117. HB 1055 Magistrate courts, authority revised.
121. HB 1086 Physician patient privilege exception revised.
PERSONAL RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS
122. HB 1121 Sex discrimination in employment, an exception clarified.
123. HB 1048 Court service officers, crime to threaten.
124. HB 1051 Sliming court services officers made a crime.
125. HB 1033 Convicted sex offenders, registration information revised.
126. HB 1060 Sex offenders must register annually.
127. HB 1061 Sex with an animal made a felony.
128. SB 72 Insufficient funds check, notice revised.
129. HB 1153 Intent to distribute marijuana made a crime.
130. HB 1146 Crime victim immunity for injuries to the perpetrator of a crime, right to recover limited.
131. HB 1187 Credit card, debit card, or charge card scanning device fraud.
141. HB 1011 South Dakota-bred racing fund, funds transferred to the Department of Social
Services for domestic abuse shelters.
142. HB 1156 Certified copies of marriage records, fee for copy revised.
143. SB 97 Mayor's ability to solemnize marriages clarified.
144. SB 146 Grandparent visitation revised.
145. HB 1226 Adoptions, who may complete home studies revised.
146. SB 20 Child support, alternative payment arrangement allowed.
147. HB 1119 Spouse abuse, the predominant aggressor to be arrested.
148. HB 1117 Domestic violence protection orders from other jurisdictions recognized.
151. HB 1106 Qualified mental health professional, definition revised.
152. HB 1087 Marriage and family therapist to be included in the term qualified mental health professional.
PUBLIC WELFARE AND ASSISTANCE
153. HB 1095 Appropriation for medicaid program costs.
154. HB 1012 Medicaid program, funds appropriated.
155. SB 19 Funding pool for medical services, nursing facilities modified.
156. HB 1006 Medical assistance programs, certain fee schedules published electronically.
UNIFORM PROBATE CODE
157. HB 1102 Personal property, collection by affidavit.
HIGHWAYS AND BRIDGES
160. SB 59 Titles for vehicles and boats, duties of certain county officials transferred.
161. HB 1090 Motor vehicle leasing transactions, certain provisions regulated.
162. HB 1136 Motor vehicle damage disclosure requirement increased.
163. SB 115 Truck tractor modified to become a recreational vehicle.
164. HB 1022 Boat numbering and decal requirements revised.
165. HB 1037 Motorbus vehicle registration, seating capacity increased.
166. HB 1038 Vans owned by certain entities exempt from vehicle license fees.
167. SB 94 Auto auction dealer license fee decreased.
168. HB 1023 Snowmobile and boat accidents, damage limits revised.
169. HB 1172 County overweight vehicle enforcement program review by Department of Transportation.
170. HB 1217 Baled garbage haulers may receive oversize vehicle permit.
171. HB 1101 Oversized motor vehicles, time period for operation and permit fee revised.
172. SB 142 Former convictions for driving under the influence of alcoholic beverage, manner in which the allegations are brought is clarified.
173. HB 1072 Emergency vehicle, caution required when approaching.
174. SB 119 Abandoned vehicle owners responsible for towing and storage costs.
175. HB 1024 Veterans benefits, periods of service to qualify for benefits revised.
176. HB 1025 Military discharge records, the availability of records revised.
177. SB 66 Homeless veterans initiative program established.
PUBLIC HEALTH AND SAFETY
178. HB 1017 Ambulance service personnel, certification requirements revised.
179. HB 1149 Ambulance service, quality assurance program required.
180. HB 1210 Nursing home facilities may be constructed on Indian reservations.
181. SB 221 Formation of ambulance districts revised.
182. SB 206 Commitment documentation use for certain drug offenses limited.
183. SB 25 Controlled substances schedule revised.
188. SB 4 Alcoholic beverage licensing, use of operating agreements with municipalities
189. SB 121 Alcoholic beverage licensees, penalties for violations revised.
190. SB 102 Alcoholic beverage license renewal fees limited.
191. HB 1100 Alcohol license fee provisions made consistent.
192. HB 1105 Certain provisions related to facilities providing alcoholic beverages on Sundays revised.
193. SB 165 Census estimates used for the issuance of liquor licenses.
194. SB 3 Alcoholic beverage, convention facility license requirements revised.
195. HB 1097 Temporary malt beverage licenses, local determination of fees.
196. SB 134 Alcoholic beverage license fee, county commission to determine renewal fee.
197. SB 154 Certain interstate wine shipments authorized.
PROFESSION AND OCCUPATIONS
198. HB 1018 Advanced life support personnel, definitions and requirements revised.
199. HB 1044 Dental radiographers annual registration required.
200. SB 47 Board of Nursing fees increased.
201. SB 135 Optometry prescription, authority revised.
202. HB 1046 Cosmetologists and beauty shops regulation.
203. SB 48 Wholesale drug distributors, definition modified.
204. SB 49 Board of Pharmacy, reference publications promulgated in rules.
205. SB 46 Audiology aides, registration requirement repealed.
206. HB 1161 Plumbing, permit required.
207. HB 1175 Plumbing, permit system created.
208. SB 52 Plumbing Commission to update references to plumbing standards.
216. SB 24 Egg dealer or processor, license may be suspended or revoked.
ANIMALS AND LIVESTOCK
217. HB 1142 Livestock dealer, packer, or buyer, penalty increased for doing business without
GAME, FISH, PARKS, AND FORESTRY
218. HB1014 Wildfire suppression, appropriation for costs.
219. SB 28 Goose hunting licenses, certain sunset provisions repealed.
220. SB 27 Mountain lions classified as big game.
221. HB 1122 Free hunting or fishing license to persons on active duty.
222. HB 1215 Taxidermist record keeping revised.
223. HB 1209 Hunting by using artificial lights restricted.
224. HB 1020 Hunters with a disability may hunt from stationary motor vehicle.
229. HB 1260 Lien satisfaction acknowledgment required.
230. SB 81 Water management, various funds appropriated.
231. SB 99 Water development district project sponsorship provisions revised.
232. SB 75 Irrigation district directors, who may serve revised.
233. SB 145 Central Plains Water Development District boundary revised and Lewis and Clark Water Development District recognized.
234. HB 1150 Limited liability partnerships, certain filings revised.
PUBLIC UTILITIES AND CARRIERS
235. HB 1231 The Public Utilities Commission gross receipts tax revised.
236. HB 1258 Public Utilities Commission complaint proceedings revised.
237. SB 42 Motor carrier safety and transportation of hazardous materials, federal references updated.
238. SB 41 Unsolicited telephone call list established.
239. SB 166 Wind collector system to notify certain telecommunications companies.
240. SB 17 Pipeline safety inspection, certain federal references updated.
DEBTOR AND CREDITOR
241. SB 171 Asset-backed securitizations recognized.
242. HB 1284 Prejudgment and postjudgment interest rates reduced.
243. SB 88 Agricultural equipment credit transactions separate from consumer installment sales contracts.
244. HB 1128 Notice of nonrenewal for surety insurance revised.
245. HB 1180 Insurance tax sunset provisions repealed and cash surrender value provisions revised.
246. SB 167 Deferred annuities minimum nonforfeiture amount revised.
247. HB 1236 Health insurance without a certain mandated coverage.
248. HB 1043 Health benefit plans, nonrenewal and preexisting condition requirement revised.
258. HB 1159 Unemployment benefits, definition of good cause for leaving employment to
include domestic abuse.
259. SB 156 Workers' compensation benefits to children of deceased employees.
SUPREME COURT RULES AND ORDERS
260. 03-01 In the Matter of the Amendment of SDCL 15-24-8.
261. 03-02 In the Matter of the Amendment of SDCL 15-26A-60.
262. 03-03 In the Matter of the Amendment of SDCL 15-26A-61.
263. 03-04 In the Matter of the Amendment of SDCL 16-3-5.1.
264. 03-05 In the Matter of the Amendment of SDCL 16-16-2.4.
265. 03-06 In the Matter of the Amendment of SDCL 16-16-13.
266. 03-07 In the Matter of the Amendment of SDCL 16-16-15.
267. 03-08 In the Matter of the Amendment of SDCL 16-16-16.
268. 03-09 In the Matter of the Amendment of Appendix SDCL 16-16.
269. 03-11 In the Matter of the Adoption of a New Rule Relating to Expanded Media Coverage.
270. 03-12 In the Matter of the Adoption of a New Rule Relating to Review by Supreme Court of Bar Examiners' Decision on ADA Request.
271. Order In the Matter of the Assignment of a Circuit Court Judge to the Seventh Judicial Circuit.
272. EO 03-01 Executive branch of state government reorganized.
BILL NUMBER TO CHAPTER NUMBER CROSS-REFERENCE TABLE
ENACTED, AMENDED, AND REPEALED SECTIONS TABLE