SOUTH DAKOTA CONSTITUTION
1. HJR 1003 Legislative article in the constitution proposed for amendment at the next
STATE AFFAIRS AND GOVERNMENT
2. SB 64 Repeal unused statutorily created funds.
3. SB 154 Life protection litigation subfund created.
4. SB 119 Emergency rules, use of procedure clarified.
5. HB 1173 Rule-making authority restricted regarding concealed weapons.
6. HB 1248 Interpreters for deaf regulated.
7. SB 74 Small business impact statement applies to Department of Game, Fish and Parks.
8. SB 75 Repeal of small business impact statement deleted.
9. HB 1038 Appropriation for physicians and dentists who have complied with the requirements of the tuition reimbursement program.
10. HB 1021 Disaster related costs appropriation.
11. SB 142 Attorney general may contract to study open government issues.
12. SB 165 South Dakota Energy Infrastructure Authority appropriation.
LEGISLATURE AND STATUTES
13. SB 95 Statutory interim standing committees may introduce legislation.
14. HB 1053 Legislation enacted in 2005 codified.
15. SB 179 Fourth floor of the State Capitol to be used for legislative committee rooms and legislative offices.
PUBLIC OFFICERS AND EMPLOYEES
16. HB 1225 Old Age and Survivors Insurance Division renamed and reorganized.
17. SB 6 Terms related to the South Dakota Retirement Plan defined.
18. SB 8 Benefit payments on behalf of minors made to custodian or conservator.
19. SB 10 Disability benefits under the South Dakota Retirement System revised.
23. SB 100 Public fund distribution revised and condition statements to be provided to
24. SB 19 The General Appropriations Act for fiscal year 2006 revised regarding the Board of Regents and the Department of Corrections.
25. SB 153 Money from the railroad trust fund transferred to the property tax reduction fund.
26. SB 209 The General Appropriations Act for fiscal year 2007.
27. SB 210 General Appropriations Act for fiscal year 2007, revised.
LOCAL GOVERNMENT GENERALLY
28. HB 1001 Election procedures revised.
29. SB 12 Local elections, form of ballot to be used is prescribed.
30. SB 77 Municipal runoff elections, time extended between first election and when the office is filled.
31. SB 146 South Dakota Firefighters Association reference corrected in existing statutes.
32. HB 1068 Names of certain parties to be listed in instruments recorded by the register of
33. HB 1078 Bond requirements changed for township clerks and treasurers.
36. HB 1112 Property tax exemption created for certain property.
37. HB 1129 Business incubator real property tax exemption.
38. HB 1008 Agricultural land reclassified if converted to nonagricultural use.
67. SB 78 Initiative and referendum process revised.
68. HB 1002 Voter registration documentation revised.
69. SB 13 Facsimile ballots, publication requirements established.
70. SB 11 Electronic ballot marking system required and assistance provided.
71. SB 118 Photo identification required to vote, provisions revised.
72. HB 1003 Absentee voting requirements revised.
73. HB 1024 Director of Vocational Education, appointment function repealed.
74. HB 1023 School district radio equipment standards repealed.
75. SB 198 Education funding to assist sparse school districts.
76. SB 3 Representation areas authorized for school board elections.
77. HB 1176 Enrolled students defined.
78. HB 1220 Contractual agreements between certain school districts allowed temporarily.
79. HB 1182 Capital outlay funds may be used for mileage reimbursement.
80. HB 1175 Kindergarten programs expanded.
81. HB 1079 Enrolled student defined.
82. HB 1147 High school extracurricular activities, eligibility restricted.
83. HB 1236 South Dakota virtual high school created.
84. HB 1025 State aid to special education revised.
85. SB 83 The length of time increased for which nationally certified teachers may receive stipends.
86. SB 88 Higher education in-state residency for graduates of certain Bureau of Indian Affairs high schools.
87. HB 1067 Resident tuition for members of the armed services.
88. HB 1247 South Dakota National Guard tuition benefits revised.
112. HB 1205 Attorney of record exemption from the fee for certain records searches.
113. HB 1063 Warrant or summons on an indictment, authority to issue clarified.
114. HB 1204 Religious belief jury duty exemption.
115. SB 2 Appropriation to add judgeship.
116. HB 1134 Justifiable use of force.
117. SB 28 Criminal code revision corrections.
118. SB 156 Picketing at funerals prohibited.
119. HB 1215 Abortion prohibited.
120. HB 1064 Penalty increased for subsequent conviction for stalking.
121. SB 208 Sex offender criminal penalties enhanced.
122. HB 1153 Prohibited sex act definition expanded.
123. SB 148 Sex offender registry revised.
124. SB 150 Sex offender registry updated.
125. SB 149 Community safety zone created.
126. SB 203 Statewide sex offender registry appropriation.
127. HB 1054 The prize certain lotteries may award, increased.
128. SB 159 State's attorney's duties regarding dishonored checks clarified.
129. HB 1095 Fictitious name or false date of birth made part of false impersonation.
130. HB 1149 Certain crimes revised.
131. SB 99 Task force on sexual assault established.
134. HB 1073 Warrantless arrest circumstances revised.
138. HB 1022 Work release inmates, disposition of certain funds received.
139. HB 1086 Deny parental rights to persons convicted of rape that resulted in birth of a child.
140. HB 1186 Standard visitation guidelines may be implemented.
141. HB 1074 Stalking and physical domestic violence orders recognized.
142. HB 1218 Task force to study education for divorcing parents, visitation and custody matters.
143. HB 1094 Custodian of files may access own files for discharge of official duties.
144. HB 1051 Notice to a tribe of a child custody proceeding subject to the Indian Child Welfare Act clarified.
145. HB 1059 Parental notification of abuse required.
146. HB 1180 Child endangerment and child neglect as criminal offenses.
MENTALLY ILL PERSONS
147. HB 1109 Civil immunity for qualified mental health professionals designated by county
board of mental illness.
148. HB 1040 The minimum monthly fee charged for care at the Human Services Center is revised.
PUBLIC WELFARE AND ASSISTANCE
149. HB 1072 Long-term care partnership program established.
150. HB 1156 Department of Social Services to contract with a private organization to conduct assessment of long-term care services.
151. HB 1241 Sales tax on food refund appropriation.
152. HB 1240 Low income energy assistance appropriation.
UNIFORM PROBATE CODE
153. SB 91 Social security number not required for certain probate matters.
154. SB 55 State highway road closures due to inclement weather, process modified.
155. SB 54 State trunk highway system revised.
156. HB 1052 References updated to certain federal regulations regarding financial assistance to persons displaced by highway acquisition.
157. HB 1107 Salvage vehicle definition revised.
158. SB 183 Military veterans distinctive motor vehicle license plates.
159. SB 182 Motor vehicle license plate decals, approval and production modified.
160. HB 1189 Motor vehicles donated to certain groups exempt from federal and state taxes.
161. HB 1164 Tax imposed on leased motorcycles.
162. HB 1130 Temporary supplement lot for use by motor vehicle dealers.
163. HB 1139 Motor vehicle demonstration and in-transit permit use revised.
164. SB 107 Manufacturer of motor vehicle definition modified.
165. HB 1163 Driver license revocation and suspension procedure modified.
166. HB 1084 Counties may regulate the operation of certain off-road vehicles in highway ditches.
167. SB 42 Saddlemount motor vehicle combination regulation updated.
168. HB 1119 Driving under the influence modified.
169. SB 1 Driving under the influence, mandatory withdrawal of bodily substances after arrest.
170. HB 1190 Motor vehicle D.U.I. regulation does not apply to a person riding a bike or an animal.
171. HB 1118 Failure to stop and eluding a police officer, elements of the crimes modified.
172. HB 1049 Motor vehicle license plates, delayed effective date for certain laws.
173. SB 172 Tuition benefits for nonresident members of the South Dakota National Guard
174. SB 151 Local government contribution for construction of armory.
175. SB 14 State Veterans Home admission eligibility revised.
176. HB 1089 Vietnam War Memorial appropriation.
178. HB 1041 Denial, suspension, or revocation of Emergency Medical Technician
179. HB 1034 Controlled substances list modified.
180. SB 58 Gamma hydroxyl butyrate defined.
181. SB 207 Sale of products containing pseudoephedrine or ephedrine restricted.
182. SB 185 Abortion clinic licensing and regulation.
183. HB 1132 Immunity created for reporting prenatal alcohol and substance abuse.
184. SB 38 Boiler operation certificate inspection fee increased.
185. SB 37 Fire safety requirements modified.
186. HB 1246 Interstate compact for the prevention and control of forest fires.
187. SB 40 Weighing and measuring devices and service agencies regulation updated.
188. SB 130 Nine one one telephone surcharge applied to prepaid telephone calling service.
189. SB 109 Statewide mutual aid requests among certain public agencies.
190. SB 32 Mosquito control grant program.
191. SB 98 Alcoholic beverage license transfer or renewal limited.
192. SB 48 Alcoholic beverage licensee reference corrected.
193. SB 194 Wine redefined for farm wineries.
194. HB 1233 Alcoholic beverage specialty license established.
PROFESSIONS AND OCCUPATIONS
195. HB 1037 Prescription of schedule II controlled drugs limited.
196. HB 1036 Optometrist license reciprocity and license fee increase.
197. SB 34 Board of Nursing quorum requirements changed.
198. SB 33 Nurse licensure applicants required to submit to a background check.
199. SB 155 Corporation and limited liability company may be formed for real estate business.
200. SB 87 Written consent required to advertise or market property on behalf of an owner.
204. SB 204 State Conservation Commission appropriation.
205. HB 1071 State Seed Certification Board membership changed.
206. SB 26 Wildfire suppression appropriation.
207. HB 1087 Northern Crops Institute appropriation.
208. SB 27 State Fair appropriation.
209. SB 143 State Fair appropriation.
FOOD AND DRUGS
210. HB 1082 Local governments preempted from regulating certain agricultural products.
ANIMALS AND LIVESTOCK
211. HB 1181 Humane society laws revised.
212. HB 1007 Livestock brand composition provisions revised.
213. HB 1006 Cattle with out-of-state brands regulated.
214. HB 1005 Revise certain provisions related to cancelled livestock brands.
GAME, FISH, PARKS, AND FORESTRY
215. HB 1032 Resident hunting and fishing privileges clarified upon a change of residency.
216. HB 1212 Number of landowner big game hunting permits increased.
217. SB 73 Activated military personnel who drew elk license before activation may receive elk license on return from active duty.
218. HB 1030 Turkey hunting licenses available to members of the armed services.
219. SB 186 Raising of upland game birds defined as an agricultural pursuit.
220. HB 1029 Crossbow use regulated.
221. SB 189 Fire suppression agreements provisions revised.
222. HB 1127 South Dakota Gaming Commission may award grants to fund gambling addition
223. HB 1033 A person arrested for a boating violation may be released from custody upon executing a written promise to appear.
MINING, OIL, AND GAS
224. SB 62 Reclamation surety requirements regarding uranium exploration revised and the
Board of Minerals and Environment authorized to adopt rules for the
construction, operation, monitoring, and closure of uranium and other in situ
227. HB 1239 Water management appropriation.
228. HB 1135 Limited liability companies and partnerships requirements modified.
229. SB 122 Breeding stock exemption to the Family Farm Act.
230. HB 1065 Volunteer service on boards protected if organized outside of South Dakota and if advisory.
PUBLIC UTILITIES AND CARRIERS
231. SB 101 Public Utilities Commission as separate agency.
232. SB 157 Use of eminent domain by railroad restricted.
233. SB 56 Railroad authority authorized to acquire certain facilities owned by other railroads.
234. SB 25 Motor Carrier regulation transferred to the Department of Revenue and Regulation.
235. SB 41 Motor carrier safety and transportation of hazardous materials references updated.
236. SB 43 Explosive material storage regulation updated.
237. HB 1039 Disposition of funds collected on local exchange service lines, cellular telephones, and radio pager devices revised.
238. SB 81 Use of communications records regulated.
243. SB 68 Trust companies examination requirements revised.
DEBTOR AND CREDITOR
244. SB 133 Installment sales contract charges revised for guaranteed asset protection
245. HB 1209 Payday loan regulation modified.
246. SB 180 Consumer reporting agencies required to provide a security freeze for certain consumers.
FIDUCIARIES AND TRUSTS
249. HB 1044 Debt cancellation contracts exempt from insurance regulation.
250. HB 1058 Division of Insurance investigation requirements revised.
251. SB 69 Insurable interests redefined.
252. HB 1188 Private placement insurance liquidity requirements revised.
253. HB 1043 Life insurance exclusions modified.
254. HB 1224 Prior approval of premium rates, procedure revised.
255. SB 200 Risk pool board may allow additional enrollees into the risk pool under certain circumstances.
256. SB 201 The risk pool reimbursement method for health care providers revised.
257. SB 49 Health insurance discount plan requirements modified.
258. SB 45 Group health plan break in coverage restriction modified.
259. HB 1045 Health plan coordination of benefits.
260. SB 44 Waiting period for filing insurance rate waiting period repealed.
265. SB 166 Athletic agents regulated.
266. SB 108 Employer's contributions to certain insurance plans not deemed wages.
267. HB 1027 Unemployment insurance wage base and contribution rates revised.
268. HB 1177 Amount limited in the employer's investment in the South Dakota's Future Fund.
269. HB 1197 Unemployment benefits not reduced due to receipt of certain benefits.
270. HB 1113 Workers compensation for firefighters assigned by the Wildland Fire
Coordinator, exemption for claims created.
271. HB 1165 Small claims procedure for workers compensation claims.
SUPREME COURT RULES AND ORDERS
272. 05-11 In the Matter of the Amendment of SDCL 16-2-29.6.
273. 05-12 In the Matter of the Amendment of SDCL 15-6-68.
274. 05-13 In the Matter of the Amendment of chapter 16-2 Appendix; amendment of chapter 16-1A Appendix, and repeal of chapter 12-9 Appendix.
275. 06-01 In the Matter of the Amendment of SDCL 15-6-5(g).
276. 06-02 In the Matter of the Amendment of SDCL 15-6-6(a).
277. 06-03 In the Matter of the Amendment of SDCL 15-6-6(d).
278. 06-04 In the Matter of the Amendment of SDCL 15-6-7(b).
279. 06-05 In the Matter of the Amendment of SDCL 15-6-11(a).
280. 06-06 In the Matter of the Amendment of SDCL 15-6-11(b).
281. 06-07 In the Matter of the Amendment of SDCL 15-6-11(c).
282. 06-08 In the Matter of the Amendment of SDCL 15-6-11(d).