37-5B-7. Updating disclosure documents. There is no filing required with the division for updating disclosure documents; but disclosure information shall be updated as follows:
(1) Any information in the disclosure document shall be current as of the close of the franchisor's most recent fiscal year. After the close of the fiscal year, the franchisor shall, within one hundred twenty days, prepare a revised disclosure document, after which a franchise seller may distribute only the revised document and no other disclosure document;
(2) The franchisor shall, within a reasonable time after the close of each quarter of the fiscal year, prepare revisions to be attached to the disclosure document to reflect any material change to the disclosures included, or required to be included, in the disclosure document. Each prospective franchisee shall receive the disclosure document and the quarterly revisions for the most recent period available at the time of disclosure;
(3) If applicable, the annual update shall include the franchisor's first quarterly update, either by incorporating the quarterly update information into the disclosure document itself, or through an addendum;
(4) When furnishing a disclosure document, the franchise seller shall notify the prospective franchisee of any material changes that the seller knows or should have known occurred in the information contained in any financial performance presentation; and
(5) Information that must be audited pursuant to the disclosure requirements need not be audited for quarterly revisions if the franchisor states in immediate conjunction with the information that the information was not audited.Source:
SL 2008, ch 203, § 7.
Get Chapter 37-5b