The Department of Social Services refugee agreements regulated.
ENTITLED, An Act to repeal the authority for the Department of Social Services to enter agreements related to the Refugee Act of 1980 and to require certain reports regarding services provided to and arrival of refugees.
BE IT ENACTED BY THE LEGISLATURE OF THE STATE OF SOUTH DAKOTA:
Section 1. That § 28-1-47 be repealed.
Section 2. That the code be amended by adding a NEW SECTION to read:
Any private agency that provides services to a refugee arriving directly in South Dakota shall submit an annual report to the Governor and the Legislature by December thirty-first of each year. The report shall include:
(1) A description of the services provided;
(2) A list of the municipalities or areas receiving a direct arrival refugee;
(3) The total number of direct arrival refugees;
(4) The demographic breakout of the direct arrival refugees by age, country of origin, and sex; and
(5) Any proposed change to the expected number of direct arrival refugees or municipalities or areas designated to receive direct arrival refugees.
Section 3. Section 2 of this Act is repealed on December 31, 2020.
Signed March 17, 2017