Electronic driver license reinstatement, dates revised.
ENTITLED, An Act to revise certain electronic driver license reinstatement requirements.
BE IT ENACTED BY THE LEGISLATURE OF THE STATE OF SOUTH DAKOTA:
Section 1. That § 32-12-43.1 be amended to read:
32-12-43.1. Any person who holds a valid South Dakota operator's license, motorcycle operator's license, or nondriver identification card that meets the requirements of this chapter and 6 C.F.R. Part 37, as amended to
January 1, 2013 December 29, 2014, may apply by mail or electronically for a replacement or updated license or identification card and a renewal once in any ten year period if:
(1) The applicant is a citizen or national of the United States or is an alien who has permanent resident status;
(2) The applicant has not had a material change in any personally identifiable information as defined in § 32-12-1. A change of address of principal residence does not constitute a material change;
(3) The applicant is not applying for reinstatement after a
suspension, revocation, disqualification, or cancellation;
(4) The applicant submits two forms of proof of current address;
(5) In case of a renewal application only, the applicant submits a vision statement signed by a licensed optometrist or ophthalmologist that supplies proof that the applicant has adequate eyesight, if the applicant is sixty-five years of age or older at the time of renewal; and
(6) The applicant has complied with all other provisions of this chapter and is eligible for renewal by mail or electronic renewal as determined by the Department of Public Safety.
Signed March 2, 2017