20:48:07:27. Responsibilities of nursing faculty. Responsibilities of nursing faculty are as follows:
(1) Developing, implementing, evaluating, and updating the purpose, philosophy, and outcomes;
(2) Designing and implementing the curriculum;
(3) Evaluating the curriculum using a systematic plan based on student learning outcomes, program outcomes, and quality improvement;
(4) Developing, evaluating, and revising student admission, progression, retention, and graduation policies consistent with the policies of the governing institution;
(5) Participating in academic advising and guidance of students;
(6) Providing students theoretical instruction and clinical or practicum experiences;
(7) Having only nursing education responsibilities during the time assigned with students;
(8) Monitoring the instruction provided by preceptors;
(9) Evaluating student achievement of curricular objectives or outcomes related to nursing knowledge and practice. The evaluation process includes criteria for both formative and summative evaluation and provides opportunity for student improvement;
(10) Providing for student evaluation of teaching effectiveness; and
(11) Participating in activities which facilitate the faculty members' own nursing competence and professional expertise in the area of teaching responsibility and maintaining clinical competence through clinical practice and education.
Source: 3 SDR 35, effective November 11, 1976; 9 SDR 151, effective May 30, 1983; 12 SDR 151, 12 SDR 155, effective July 1, 1986; transferred from § 20:48:07:06, 18 SDR 107, effective December 30, 1991; 31 SDR 26, effective September 8, 2004; 45 SDR 9, effective July 30, 2018.
General Authority: SDCL 36-9-21(8).
Law Implemented: SDCL 36-9-58.
Back to 20:48:07