20:48:07:48. Nationally accredited nursing programs. A nursing program that holds national accreditation status from a national nursing accrediting agency approved by the U.S. Department of Education is exempt from § 20:48:07:41 for the purpose of maintaining on-going full approval status. A program that has national accreditation shall:
(1) Submit to the board evidence of initial accreditation and shall submit evidence of continuing accreditation after each reaccreditation review;
(2) Submit to the board any report from a national accrediting agency citing deficiencies or recommendations at the time the report is received by the nursing program;
(3) Notify the board within ten days of any change in accreditation status;
(4) Continue to maintain on-going approval status with the board upon receipt and review of the documents required in subdivisions (1) and (2) unless otherwise notified by the Board; and
(5) Be subject to an on-site visit at the discretion of the board in accordance with this chapter.
Source: 31 SDR 26, effective September 8, 2004; 45 SDR 9, effective July 30, 2018.
General Authority: SDCL 36-9-21(8).
Law Implemented: SDCL 36-9-58, 36-9-64.
Back to 20:48:07