20:61:01:07. Application for approval of educational programs. The board shall approve courses that meet the following criteria:
(1) The type of emergency medical technician training to be given;
(2) Not less than three physicians on the instructor's staff, at least one of which is to be experienced in pre-hospital emergency care;
(3) The names of all instructors and the subjects they will teach;
(4) The time and place where instruction will be given;
(5) The number of hours of didactic training, the number of hours of clinical training, and the number of hours of field internship training that will comprise the total number of hours for the course;
(6) The name and professional title of the medical director;
(7) The name and professional title of the course coordinator;
(8) The name and professional title of the clinical supervisor; and
(9) The names and location of emergency medical technician-paramedic personnel responsible for supervising the field internship portion of the training.
Source: 5 SDR 68, effective February 15, 1979; 12 SDR 151, 12 SDR 155, effective July 1, 1986.
General Authority:SDCL 36-4B-35.
Law Implemented:SDCL 36-4B-10.
Back to 20:61:01