20:62:02:03.01. Temporary permit by endorsement. An applicant for a temporary permit prior to licensure as a nurse practitioner or nurse midwife by endorsement from another state or territory shall file with the Board of Nursing an application containing the following information:
(1) Verification of current licensure, privilege to practice, or temporary permit as a registered nurse in South Dakota;
(2) Verification of current unencumbered licensure as a nurse practitioner or nurse midwife in another state or territory;
(3) Verification of holding current national certification in role of nurse practitioner or nurse midwife;
(4) Verification of practice or collaborative agreement as required in subdivision 20:62:02:02(7);
(5) A set of fingerprint cards as required in subdivision 20:62:02:02(6); and
(6) The fees required in subdivisions 20:62:01:11(1) and (2).
The temporary permit expires 120 days following issuance and is not renewable. The holder of a temporary permit must use the title, certified nurse practitioner applicant (CNP App), or certified nurse midwife applicant (CNM App), whichever pertains. If the holder of a permit is notified by the board that licensure by endorsement has been denied to the holder, the permit is invalid on the date the notice is received by the holder.
Source: 45 SDR 9, effective July 30, 2018.
General Authority: SDCL 36-9A-41.
Law Implemented: SDCL 36-9A-2.1, 36-9A-2.3, 36-9A-4, 36-9A-9.1, 36-9A-26.
Back to 20:62:02