24:28:06:05. Advanced teaching certificate. The advanced teaching certificate is issued to an individual who:
(1) Applies for the advanced teaching certificate;
(2) Meets all requirements for a professional teaching certificate;
(3) Meets all teacher certification renewal requirements;
(4) Has five or more years of teaching experience which may include experience as an alternative certification teacher; and
(5) Receives an advanced degree in an education-related field or National Board for Professional Teaching Standards certification.
Source: 43 SDR 175, effective July 3, 2017.
General Authority: SDCL 13-1-12.1, 13-42-3.
Law Implemented: SDCL 13-1-12.1, 13-42-1 to 13-42-4, inclusive, 13-43-5, 13-43-5.1.
Back to 24:28:06