24:43:11:03. Criteria for providing instruction over distance by electronic media. Instruction that originates from another location within the state or outside of the state and is provided in the school through electronic media must meet the following criteria:
(1) The instructor at the sending station must meet the requirements of § 24:03:05:01;
(2) If the instructor at the sending station provides only one-way communication, the receiving school system must have a certified teacher in the classroom;
(3) If the instructor at the sending station provides two-way communication and interaction, the receiving school system may have either a certified teacher or a teacher aide to monitor the classroom;
(4) The instructional time must be comparable to the time required to complete a unit of credit in a conventional class; and
(5) The objectives of the class must be comparable to the objectives of a like course taught in a conventional class.
Source: 16 SDR 214, effective June 12, 1990; repealed, SL 1995, ch 86, § 2, effective July 1, 1995; readopted, 22 SDR 12, effective August 9, 1995; 23 SDR 31, effective September 8, 1996; transferred from § 24:03:06:07.03, 31 SDR 178, adopted May 4, 2005, effective July 1, 2005.
General Authority: SDCL 13-1-12.1, 13-3-47.
Law Implemented: SDCL 13-3-1.4, 13-33-1.
Back to 24:43:11