24:43:11:09. Course equivalency exam. Course equivalency exams may be administered by a district if the district has received the approval for waiver from administrative rule pursuant to chapter 24:43:08 to offer equivalency exams for a specific content area. The exam shall be standards based if applicable. Credit shall be granted by equivalency exam based on the following:
(1) The student must pass the exam with at least 85% proficiency;
(2) The course equivalency exam must be passed on the first attempt for credit to be issued;
(3) Credit must be included on the student's transcript;
(4) Failed attempts on the course equivalency exam may not be included on a student's transcript and may not be calculated as a part of a student's cumulative grade point average; and
(5) The school district must proctor and score the exam.
Source: 33 SDR 236, effective July 5, 2007; 45 SDR 130, effective April 29, 2019.
General Authority: SDCL 13-1-12.1, 13-3-47.
Law Implemented: SDCL 13-5-34.
Back to 24:43:11