44:09:06:04. Application form requirements. To request a certified or informational copy of a vital record, the applicant shall provide the following information on an application form prescribed by the Department of Health or via a method that allows for authentication of the requestor:
(1) Applicant's full name;
(2) Current home or business address;
(3) Signature of the applicant or electronic authentication;
(4) Current telephone number, if applicable;
(5) Type of vital record requested;
(6) For a certified copy only, a statement of the relationship of the applicant to the registrant;
(7) For a birth record only, the name of the record, the date of birth and the mother's maiden name, or enough information to locate the record; and
(8) For any death, marriage, or divorce record, enough information to locate the record.
Source: 31 SDR 213, effective July 4, 2005.
General Authority: SDCL 34-25-52.4.
Law Implemented: SDCL 34-25-52.4.
Back to 44:09:06