67:42:11:33. Handwashing. Staff members shall wash their hands after using the restroom, after changing a diaper, after working with soiled clothing or bedding, and before handling food.
Day care programs shall ensure that a child's hands are washed before and after meals and after the child has used the bathroom.
Handwashing facilities must be located to permit convenient use by both employees and clients and must meet the following requirements:
(1) At least one handwashing facility must be provided in the food preparation area or directly adjacent to the food preparation area;
(2) Handwashing facilities must be located in all toilet rooms;
(3) Handwashing facilities must be located near any diaper changing area;
(4) A supply of hand cleansing soap or detergent must be available at each handwashing facility; and
(5) A supply of single-use towels must be available at each handwashing facility.
Source: 13 SDR 197, effective July 1, 1987; 14 SDR 20, effective August 13, 1987; 15 SDR 94, effective January 1, 1989; 21 SDR 206, effective June 4, 1995; 39 SDR 220, effective June 27, 2013.
General Authority: SDCL 26-6-16.
Law Implemented: SDCL 26-6-16.
Back to 67:42:11