20:51:01:10.  Application requirements for graduates from colleges of pharmacy located outside the United States. Any applicant who is a graduate of a school or college of pharmacy located outside of the United States must submit the Foreign Pharmacy Graduate Examination Committee (FPGEC) certification awarded by the National Association of Boards of Pharmacy (NABP). The FPGEC certification includes the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) and the Test of Spoken English (TSE), or the Internet-based TOEFL iBT as a prerequisite to taking the licensure examinations.


          A foreign pharmacy graduate applicant shall also be required to obtain internship experience in one or more board-licensed community or hospital pharmacies.


          Source: 9 SDR 171, effective July 12, 1983; 12 SDR 151, 12 SDR 155, effective July 1, 1986; 18 SDR 95, effective November 25, 1991; 22 SDR 133, effective April 25, 1996; 36 SDR 21, effective August 17, 2009.

          General Authority: SDCL 36-11-11(1).

          Law Implemented: SDCL 36-11-16, 36-11-18.