10-47B-84. Determining amount of increased security. If the secretary requires increased security under 10-47B-83, the amount of security shall be the greater of the following amounts:
(1) If a check is issued against insufficient funds or with no account, the amount of the tax owed;
(2) If a delinquent tax return, the amount of the most recent tax return on which tax was submitted by the taxpayer;
(3) If an interstate fuel tax agreement licensee, the minimum shall be calculated by multiplying two hundred fifty dollars times the number of member states within the interstate fuel tax agreement at the time of the delinquency or receipt of the check issued against insufficient funds or with no account;
(4) A minimum of one thousand dollars; or
(5) If a jeopardy assessment is made, the amount of the assessment.Source:
SL 1995, ch 71, § 84; SL 1999, ch 58, § 37.
Get Chapter 10-47B