10-6-1. Definition of terms.
Terms used in this chapter mean:
(1) "Credit," every claim and demand for money or other valuable thing and every annuity or sum of money receivable at stated periods, due or to become due, and all claims and demands secured by deeds or mortgages due or to become due, except for contracts for deed and mortgages, in which case the term means only the payment received each year under the contract or mortgage;
(2) "District," township, municipality or ward, as the case may be;
(3) "Full agricultural land value," the value of agricultural land as determined by the application of this chapter;
(4) "Money," gold and silver coin, treasury notes, bank notes, and every deposit which any person owning the same or holding in trust and residing in this state is entitled to withdraw in money on demand;
(5) "Tract," "lot," "piece," or "parcel" of real property, or "piece or parcel of land," any contiguous quantity of land in the possession of, owned by, or recorded as, the property of the same claimant, person, or company;
(6) "True and full value," for all real property, the usual cash selling price at the place where the property to which the term is applied shall be at the time of the assessment.
Source: SL 1897, ch 28, § 1; RPolC 1903, § 2052; RC 1919, § 6666; SDC 1939, § 57.0301; SL 1976, ch 89; SL 1980, ch 77, § 2; SL 1989, ch 86, § 10.