10-6-31.5. Criteria for qualifying for tax freeze on agricultural property of beginning farmer.
The tax freeze in § 10-6-31.4 may be applied to agricultural property classified pursuant to § 10-6-31 if the following criteria are met:
(1) The owner of the property is a beginning farmer who has never before owned agricultural land;
(2) The property does not exceed one hundred sixty acres or one-half of the median-sized farm in the county as determined by the board of commissioners, whichever is greater;
(3) The beginning farmer works on and operates the farm;
(4) At least half of the beginning farmer's gross income is derived from agriculture;
(5) The property has not been subject to a beginning farmer's tax freeze for at least twenty years prior to the purchase date.
Source: SL 1994, ch 81, § 2.
Get Chapter 10-6