12-27-6. Contents of statement of organization.
The statement of organization shall include:
(1) The name, mailing address, and street address if different than the mailing address, and telephone number of the committee;
(2) The name, mailing address, and street address if different than the mailing address, and telephone number of the chair and the treasurer of the committee;
(3) A statement of the type of political committee that has been or is being organized;
(4) In the case of a candidate campaign committee, the name of the candidate, the name of the candidate's committee, office the candidate is seeking, mailing address, and the street address if different than the mailing address; and
(5) In the case of a political action committee or ballot question committee, a concise statement of its purpose and goals, and the full name, mailing address, and the street address if different than the mailing address of the entity with which the committee is connected or affiliated, or if the committee is not connected or affiliated with any one entity, the trade, profession, or primary interest of the committee.
The statement shall be signed by the candidate and treasurer for a candidate campaign committee and by the chair and treasurer for other political committees and filed pursuant to § 12-27-41. A political committee continues to exist until a termination statement is filed pursuant to §§ 12-27-25 and 12-27-26.
The treasurer of a political committee shall file an updated statement of organization not later than fifteen days after any change in the information contained on the most recently filed statement of organization.
Any correspondence regarding reporting deadlines, delinquent reports, administrative penalties, and administrative hearings may only be sent to the treasurer listed on the most current statement of organization on file.
Source: SL 2007, ch 80, § 6; SL 2008, ch 67, § 4; SL 2013, ch 67, § 5; SL 2016, ch 78, § 1; SL 2017, ch 71, § 6.