13-33A-10. Training on administration of opioid antagonists.
Before school personnel may administer an opioid antagonist in the event of a suspected opioid overdose, training must be provided by an individual qualified to do so. The training must include:
(1) Symptoms of an opiate overdose;
(2) Protocols and procedures for administering an opioid antagonist;
(3) Symptoms of adverse responses to an opioid antagonist;
(4) Protocols and procedures for stabilizing the patient if an adverse response occurs; and
(5) Procedures for transporting, storing, and securing an opioid antagonist.
Source: SL 2019, ch 84, § 2, eff. Mar. 11, 2019.
Get Chapter 13-33A