13-55-39. Eligibility for scholarship--Criteria.
In order to be eligible for a Richard Hagen-Minerva Harvey memorial scholarship award, a student shall:
(1) Attend or have graduated from a South Dakota accredited high school;
(2) Have met high school graduation requirements established by rules promulgated pursuant to chapter 1-26 by the Department of Education or be enrolled in a course of study such that upon graduation, the student will have met high school graduation requirements established by rules promulgated pursuant to chapter 1-26 by the Department of Education;
(3) Provide evidence to the board that the student has been accepted to attend a public or nonpublic accredited university, college, or technical college located in South Dakota;
(4) Apply for a Richard Hagen-Minerva Harvey memorial scholarship within five years after graduating from high school or within one year of the student's release from active duty with an active component of the armed forces if the release is within five years of the student's graduation from high school; and
(5) Be an enrolled member of an American Indian tribe.
Source: SL 2003, ch 109, § 3; SL 2003, ch 272, § 63; SL 2005, ch 108, § 1; SL 2009, ch 94, § 1; SL 2020, ch 61, § 51.
Get Chapter 13-55