13-63-5. Duties of program manager.
A program manager shall:
(1) Take all action required to keep the program in compliance with the requirements of this chapter, the rules promulgated by the council pursuant to chapter 1-26, and any contract with the council to manage the program so that the program is treated as a qualified state tuition plan under section 529 of the Internal Revenue Code and related regulations;
(2) Keep adequate records of each account, keep each account segregated from each other account and provide the council with the information necessary to prepare statements required by §§ 13-63-22, 13-63-23, and 13-63-24 or file these statements on behalf of the council;
(3) Compile and total information contained in statements required to be prepared under §§ 13-63-22, 13-63-23, and 13-63-24 and provide these compilations to the council;
(4) Provide the council with this information to assist the council to determine compliance with § 13-63-21;
(5) Provide representatives of the council, including other contractors or other state agencies, access to the books and records of the program manager to the extent needed to determine compliance with the contract; and
(6) Hold all accounts in trust for the benefit of this state and the account owner.
Source: SL 2001, ch 97, § 5.
Get Chapter 13-63