22-22-26.1. Cost of forensic medical examination--Convicted defendant to reimburse county.
A person who is convicted of a rape or sexual offense shall be required as part of the sentence imposed by the court to reimburse the county for the cost of any forensic medical examination performed under § 22-22-26 resulting from the rape or sexual offense for which the defendant is convicted. The cost of a forensic medical examination to be paid by the county under § 22-22-26 and reimbursed to the county under this section shall include:
(1) Physician, hospital, or clinic services and fees directly related to the forensic medical examination, including integral forensic supplies;
(2) Scope procedures directly related to the forensic medical examination, including anoscopy and colposcopy;
(3) Laboratory testing directly related to the forensic medical examination, including drug screening, urinalysis, pregnancy screening, syphilis screening, chlamydia culture, gonorrhea coverage culture, blood test for HIV screening, hepatitis B and C, herpes culture, and any other sexually-transmitted disease testing directly related to the examination;
(4) Any medication provided during the forensic medical examination; and
(5) Any radiology service directly related to the forensic medical examination.
Source: SL 2018, ch 131, § 2.
Get Chapter 22-22