23A-28C-5. Notice of incarcerated offender's change of status.
Any institution under the control of the Department of Corrections or the Department of Human Services or the Department of Social Services, or any jail or other facility where a person is incarcerated due to the commission of a crime, shall provide notice, as soon as possible, if any of the following occur:
(1) Upon the person's escape from custody and return to custody following escape;
(2) Of any release from custody, including placement in an intensive supervision program or other alternative disposition, such notice to include associated conditions of release;
(3) Upon the granting of parole or revocation of parole;
(4) Prior to the defendant's release from custody due to expiration of sentence;
(5) Of any removal from an intensive supervision program or other alternative disposition;
(6) Of any furlough; and
(7) Of the offender's death.
Source: SL 1995, ch 137, § 3; SL 1999, ch 126, § 5; SL 2011, ch 1 (Ex. Ord. 11-1), § 134, eff. Apr. 12, 2011; SL 2014, ch 116, § 8.
Get Chapter 23A-28C